My Colorful Garden

Period SEP 29, 2022 - FEB 12, 2023
Location 3 Gallery
Artist STUDIO 1750
Number of Artists 3
Admission 1000 won(Ulsan Citizen: 500 won)/Free: Under 19 and seniors
Organized by/Supported by Ulsan Art Museum

Closed

My Colorful  Garden is inspired by the scenery of the Ulsan Dongheon (Ulsan Government Office from the Joseon Dynasty), facing the Ulsan Art Museum, and the story of the filial son Songdo, who impressed the sky.

The scene of Dongheon's courtyard through the large window of the exhibition hall gives a feeling that the museum and Dongheon are united. Moreover, the sunlight coming from Dongheon creates a subtle space-time that connects Dongheon and the museum into one world.

The installation artist Studio 1750, who participated in the exhibition, reinterpret the exhibition space of the museum inspired by this. My Colorful  Garden, an exhibition created with the artist's imagination and 'light' which is the main formative element of the work, presents an experience of an adventurous journey where the past, present, and future that we dream of coexist.

During this journey of adventure, how about looking back on the boundless parental love through the story of the filial son Songdo? Children who are not only given, but can also give love to their parents, courageous children who can devote themselves to their loved ones, and who find their own way and solve it when facing a problem. Like the filial son Songdo.

The story of the filial son Songdo
On the western side of the Ulsan Art museum, there is the Ulsan Dongheon and Naea(Ulsan Government Office and Living Quarters), a tangible cultural heritage of Ulsan. Near the pond of Dongheon, a monument commemorating the filial obedience of Ulsan’s filial son was erected. Although Songdo was poor, it is recorded in history that he wandered in search of bamboo shoots in midwinter and caught and raised carp for his sick parents. The name of Hyomun-dong in Buk-gu, Ulsan originated from the story of filial piety in Songdo.

Main Work